Pupil Premium - A Guide for Parents
What is Pupil Premium?
- The Pupil Premium is money from the government to be spent on supporting:
- Children from low-income families who are currently eligible for free school meals (FSM)
- Children who have been looked after continuously for more than six months by the local authority
- Children who have been eligible for Free School Meals at any point during the last six years
- Children of service personnel
How is being used? 2017-18
- TA employed for Speech and Language Development in EYFS
- TA employed for intervention with Pupil Premium pupils in KS1
How is being used? 2016-17
- TA employed for speech and language enrichment throughout the school with a focus on those triggering Pupil Premium funding.
- TA employed specifically for intervention with Pupil Premium pupils 2 days a week in Y2 and 1 day a week in Y1.
- Full time TAs employed to support pupils in the care of the Local Authority.
- Weekly pastoral programme for any disadvantaged pupils who would benefit.
- One after school club per week and all school trips fully funded.